The L-65 LCRS utilizes a wide mouth frame with an anti-diffraction foam-lined baffle surface, a 15° offset woofer plane together with a pole-mounted, pivoting, lens-free, soft dome tweeter. This excellent design provides exemplary and coherent imaging for ceiling mounted home theater surround sound systems of any configuration.
The 15° offset enables ceiling mounted left-center-right-surround loudspeakers’ individual sound fields to be directed from their respective positions for confluence within the home theater seating area for a natural and coherent three-dimensional sound field.
The L-65 LCRS’ are also quite useful in directing sound directly downward when mounted in vaulted ceilings in various 2-channel whole-house audio schemes.
- Tuned for high fidelity and linear performance in standard drywall (ceiling) construction
- Aim-able design with wide-field dispersion sound field
- Kevlar® fiber 6 ½″ (165 mm) native yellow, square-woven woofer (DuPont) with butyl surround
- Tetoron® 1″ (25 mm) pivoting soft dome tweeter, woven-textile, lens-free, neodymium motor
- Midrange & high frequency 3-position acoustic compensation switches
- Audio grade polypropylene capacitor populated fiberglass board crossover circuit
- Drivers wired with audio grade, high strand count, oxygen free copper high current speaker cable
- Vibration dampening motor boots
- T-Stop signal-powered protection circuit prevents tweeter driver failure
- Heavy spring-loaded gold-plated connection terminals accommodate up to 10 gauge speaker cable
- White frame and grille is ready for mounting with a fine finished look; as well, it may be painted to match or accent mounting surface(s) *Grilles are color matched to Leviton® white.
- Includes nylon insulation isolating Top Hat. Top Hats “pop” into shape covering the top of the loudspeaker protecting it from ceiling/roof insulation material fibers & dust. Top Hats are acoustically “absent” in that they do not restrict cone excursion.
Frequency response: 42Hz – 21kHz ±3dB on reference axis
Sensitivity: 91dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
Nominal impedance: 8 Ohms
Recommended amplifier power: 5W – 175W on unclipped program within frequency domain
System: 10 ¾″ round x 5 ⅛″ deep
Cut-out: 9 ¼″ round x 5 ⅛″ deep
Net weight: 4.5 lbs each
System: 273 mm round x 130 mm deep
Cut-out: 235 mm round x 130 mm deep
Net weight: 2.0 kg each
Lifetime Limited Warranty